12th Annual Tri-Co Film Festival Seeks Interns!
Internship Length: March-May 2023
About the festival: The Tri-Co Film Festival showcases exemplary film and media work by students at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore colleges. Highlighting the diversity of media production within the Tri-Co, the program seeks work that demonstrates creativity, craft, and intentionality across a variety of genres and aesthetics. This year, the festival will be all online, with a film program hosted on the Bryn Mawr Film Institute Website and a live panel discussion and awards ceremony on Monday, May 8th.
Internship description: As an intern, you will be responsible for learning the details of the Tri-Co Film Festival in order to assist with social media and campus outreach across the Tri-Co community at large. In addition, you will write articles and interviews about Tri-Co film events, to be published on the Tri-Co Film Blog. During the ceremony, you will have event management responsibilities. Depending on your qualifications and interests, the position includes optional film editing support and graphic design. Strong communication skills while reporting to the Festival Directors is a must.
This internship is a great opportunity to gain experience with film festival administration, writing, and social media.You will emerge from the program with strengthened film writing skills and writing samples to show future organizations/employers. Over the course of the spring semester, this internship is estimated to take 25-40 hours, depending on interest and engagement.
- Social media support– You will be responsible for inviting current students to like and follow Tri-Co Film Festival social media pages and sharing posts in class Facebook pages.
- Writing blog posts/articles– You will be responsible for writing a minimum of 3 articles. This will include an article about Tri-Co film, Philly-based film, and a third of your choosing. You are encouraged to attend film-related events in the Tri-Co and write reviews or conduct interviews with relevant people, to be posted on the Tri-Co Film Festival website.
- Festival support– You will be responsible for supporting event prep and take-down, helping attendees get seated, and collecting and counting votes.
- Film editing support (optional)– We will be creating a “highlights” film reel to share online leading up to the live event, and you will have the option to assist in the creating and editing of this reel.
- Graphic design (optional)– You will have the option to assist with the creation of flyers and other promotional materials.
Eligibility: Any student within the Tri-Co is eligible to apply for this internship position. Your position as an intern would not limit you from submitting your work to the festival.
Compensation: $10.20 per hour
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the Tri-Co Film Festival Intern Application by March 12th at 11:59pm.