Student Sunday #5– Ben Klamka

Ben Klamka
(He/him or They/Them)
Class of 2022
Prospective Music/Linguistics double major
From Albany, NY

What do you do on campus?
On campus, I’m involved in a lot of music ensembles: I sing, arrange, and starting this year might do some beatboxing (???) in the ‘Ford S-Chords, a TTBB a cappella group on campus which is known for performing barefoot and wearing white overalls. I also play piano in the Bi-Co Jazz Band, and sing in the Bi-Co Chamber Singers. This coming year, I’ll also be a customs person, so I’ll be living with fourteen first years in Gummere, half a flight of stairs away from where I lived on my first year hall last year!

What is your favorite spot on campus and why? 
I’m a big fan of the tables outside the DC; when it’s nice out, it’s great to eat a meal with your friends and catch up with other friends as they walk by. I also really like the Crypt–it’s definitely the coolest place to do musical things on campus. Additionally, Gummere gets an honorable mention–it’s so easy to roam around and find friends both on and off your hall who are willing to hang out.

What has been your most memorable experience at Haverford so far?
Definitely finding people who share my passions, through clubs and classes and mutual friends and chance meals at the DC and all the other ways you meet people at Haverford, has been something that has defined my experience so far.