Student Sunday #3– Ryan Totaro

Ryan Totaro

(He/Him/His)

Class of 2022
Prospective Psychology Major,  Minors in Film, English, and (potentially) Neuroscience
From Trenton, NJ

What do you do on campus?
This past year, I acted and wrote for the sketch comedy group Off the Spot; I was employed as a Phonathon worker; and I worked for the Arboretum as well! Next year, I’ll serve as a CP. I’m an avid runner, and you’ll probably catch me on the Nature Trail sometime soon!

What is your favorite spot on campus and why?
The VCAM lounge is one of my favorites! Aesthetically, it’s so impressive,  and it’s so cool to see how the building was repurposed from a Gym into an arts center. I loved watching student performances there this year – especially the Black Student League’s Spring Fashion Show – and I was proud to debut a short film there as well!

What has been your most memorable experience at Haverford so far?
My history course with Professor Sharon Ullman, “Movies and America,” was absolutely stunning. It nurtured an intellectual interest / love of American history in me and profoundly nuanced my understanding of film. I formed an incredible relationship with the professor, and her readings inspired an original play which I am currently staging and producing.