First Year Living Spaces

by Keishla Sanchez, Class of 2022

Have you browsed along the Haverford College website and read every living home description possible for first-years? If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, I can fill you in. First years could live in Barclay, Gummere, Tritton, or the Apartments.

I live in the Apartments and it’s really nice to have the ability to make a home cooked meal once in a while. The first floor in the Apartments has an open floorplan that allows everyone to interact with one another. The second floor is made up of 4 different apartments, that can fit a maximum of 2-4 people in each. There are 5 different first-year apartments and there’s even a computer lab in Apartment 30.

Apartment_26

Apartment 26, where I currently live!

Then there’s Tritton, which is the newest building that first years can live in. There’s a really cool berm, a grassy area with picnic tables, outside of Tritton connecting it to Kim, an upperclassman building. My favorite thing about Tritton is the cool study room that is surrounded by a glass wall that allows you to admire the beauty of nature. Tritton is also right across from the Coop, a campus cafe, which is convenient when you are in desperate need of a late night snack or craving the amazing mozzarella sticks.

Tritton

Tritton!

Next, there’s Barclay, which has large double rooms for first years, and it also has single rooms. Barclay is placed in a great location since it is in the middle of campus. My favorite thing about Barclay is the huge closets in the dorms!

Barclay

Here’s a picture of Barclay!

Finally, there’s Gummere which has all singles. No one really knows why Gummere is built on a hill, but it’s at a convenient location as well. Gummere is near the turf field, and VCAM (the Visual, Culture, Arts, and Media Center). My favorite thing at VCAM was being able to use their common kitchen and bake chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin muffins with my friends. Anyhow, I hope this helped you learn a little bit more about the four different possible living spaces on campus. I am looking forward to meeting you all in the fall!

Gummere

Last but not least, Gum!