Meet Kelly Jung, Our New Post-Bac Fellow!

Credit: Haverford College Office of Communications

Esme Trontz ’18 talks with new post-bac fellow at the Hurford Center Kelly Jung ’17 about her time at Haverford, her new role in the Center, and her plans for the coming year.

What is your name and when did you graduate?

My name is Kelly Jung and I’m class of 2017.

Where is your hometown?

I’m from Seoul, Korea.

What did you major in at Haverford?

I majored in philosophy.

What were you involved in during your time at Haverford?

I worked as the student manager of the Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery for three years, I was part of 8th Dimension, I worked at The Coop, and I also worked for Asian Arts Initiative, a nonprofit in Philadelphia.

What is your role at the Hurford Center?

I’m the new post-bac fellow and I’m going to be working with a lot of different projects, but I will be working on increasing student involvement in various HCAH projects; I will also be working in the two new Create Spaces in VCAM, assisting students and faculty with exhibitions and other projects.

What are you most excited about for the coming year?

I’m excited to be back on campus as a staff and get to know the HCAH from a different perspective than I did as a student, and to be able to collaborate with different students and faculty. I’m also thrilled to attend the Black Extra/ordinary Symposium in October and other cool events and talks the Center will be sponsoring this year.

What are your thoughts on VCAM?

I’m really curious to see how the space will develop! There are a lot of cool spaces from the makers arts space to student exhibition spaces and a super nice communal kitchen. I am excited to see students actually utilizing all these different spaces, especially the Create Spaces. Also, I feel really lucky to be in such a brand new space with a lot of potential. I hope this space becomes open and inviting for all students whether you are interested in the humanities or not.

What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?

I don’t know how to ride a bike.