The goal of the Sophomore Resume Initiative is to make sure 100% of the Class of 2025 have their resume reviewed by the end of their sophomore year. Students who submit by October 17 will be entered to win an Amazon gift card!
Why is this important?
We want to ensure all Haverford Sophomores have:
- a resume ready for deadlines with quick turnarounds
- a list of previous experiences to share with others
- a way to identify “career readiness” skills developed so far
- a document where formatting/layout is already reviewed, making updates easier for junior & senior year
Even if you had your resume reviewed during your first year at Haverford, we encourage you to submit an updated resume with any new experiences.
It’s EASY to participate!
- Review and utilize our resume tips and examples
- Upload your resume to the Sophomore Resume Initiative form
- Make an appointment with an advisor on Handshake
Students will be sent an email with comments directly from their reviewer. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis, prioritizing students with immediate deadlines. If you did not identify an upcoming deadline on the submission form, you will receive a response in 3-4 weeks.
How it Works
The Sophomore Resume Initiative is a campus-wide effort, and we’ve partnered with over 15 staff/faculty across campus who are trained to assist in strategic ways. For example, if you are considering a major in Biology, we might have someone from KINSC review your resume. Interested in social justice? We’ll select a partner from CPGC. Or maybe one of our trained peer Career Advisors will review your document. Either way, we are determined to provide quality, constructive feedback to help in your career exploration efforts!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org