By Amy Feifer
Like many of you, we have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19. As you know, Haverford has moved to virtual learning for the next 3 weeks and practicing social distancing.
While the Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA) realizes you are still focusing on the details and how to’s of virtual classes, we want to let you know about the available resources within CCPA through April 3. We understand that the impact of COVID-19 may cause some concern among students, especially those soon to graduate who are seeking entry into the workplace or graduate school. The CCPA staff is doing everything within our power to assist as you continue with your career preparation.
Our number one priority will always be the health and safety of our students and staff. Thus, we in the CCPA are sharing the following with all students. As things progress, we might need to change things, as needed.
- Currently Scheduled Appointments:
- We will convert all currently scheduled career advising appointments to virtual meetings.
- Career and Pre-Law Advising: We will send you a Zoom link to connect as your meeting date approaches, and add it to the “Help Requested’ section of your Handshake appointment.
- Pre-health advising: Let Jodi Domsky know your mode of preference (Zoom, Skype of phone) and she will make arrangements directly with you.
- New Appointments:
- Career and Pre-Law Advising: Schedule a virtual meeting with a career advisor via Handshake. All scheduled appointments will be done using Zoom or phone; when making the appointment put your preferred mode of the appointment. We will add the Zoom link or phone number to the “Help Requested’ section of your Handshake appointment.
- Pre-health advising: Let Jodi Domsky know your mode of meeting preference (Zoom, Skype of phone) and she will make arrangements directly with you.
We will not hold our traditional Walk In Hours. However:
- We have added more appointment opportunities to our schedules. AND
- Starting Monday, March 16, the CCPA will assist students over email for quick questions.
- General inquiries:
- Contact email@example.com, put “Quick Question” in the Subject Line, and we will get back to you within one business day, M-F.
- Specific Inquiries in the following areas:
- CCPA College Funded Internships: Contact Jennifer Barr
- Pre-law: Contact Jennifer Barr
- Pre-health: Contact Jodi Domsky
- Fellowships (except the Watson): Contact Jason Chan
- Watson Fellowships: Contact Amy Feifer
- General inquiries:
Handshake is still an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities. New opportunities are posted frequently.
Some of our events are being converted to virtual events; some will need to be cancelled (ex. Public Policy Forum).
- Information about our events and workshops are listed in the Events in Handshake. The Zoom link for CCPA sponsored virtual events will appear at the very top of the event listing.
Continue to use Haverford Connect, our professional networking platform to connect with alumni who have volunteered to help and who are interested in providing information and advice about their field, or city of interest, resume advice, interviewing tips, and many other help topics. Please remember that the alumni are also experiencing changes so be flexible to their timetable and schedules.
- Use Single Sign On to access the system.
- To connect with alumni, select “Let’s Connect” and send a message through the system.
- Using the platform, arrange video chats with interested alumni.
- Tips for reaching out and the How to’s of informational interviews.
As you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to as soon as possible.
It is a challenging time for all of us. We are here to be of assistance. Be safe and healthy.