You are invited to the Spring 2019 Social Impact Career Fairs on March 29 and April 2! These are exclusive virtual career fairs for students from 19 consortium universities to meet and connect with a range of government, nonprofit, and private sector employers. Learn more about the social responsibilities of the organizations, and engage in a career that provides you an opportunity to have a meaningful, positive impact on the world!
Before the Event
1. Register Online Using the Links Below (you can register for simultaneous events):
- Friday, March 29th from 12-2pm
- Friday, April 2nd from 12-2pm
2. Input your contact information, resume, LinkedIn Profile, types of positions desired, and/or availability.
3. Verify your account.
4. Explore employers’ “booths” to see who the representative will be, learn about the organizations, and see their open positions (see a sample list of employers attending below).
|Health & Human Services||Government & NGOs||
Non-Profit, Activism, Volunteering & Foundations
5. Consider installing Grammarly or a similar add-on to catch typos.
6. Create a Word Doc “cheat sheet.”
- Your greeting (You can set up an automatic greeting during your first chat)
- Key responses you can cut and paste (I had an internship last summer…)
During the Event
1. Show up.
On the day and time of the event, log in and join from any device (make sure your sound is on!). You can bring your laptop into the CCPA to chat with employers while having the option of receiving live support from the CCPA staff, or you can join from your dorm room in your pajamas!
2. Get in line.
When you enter the “Lobby” you will see all the participating employers. Select one of interest, and then click the green chat button. Your chat will begin when someone becomes available. Listen for the chime letting you know your chat has started.
There will be no video or voice, just text! Please DON’T use the emojis! Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Chats typically have a ten-minute limit. Be sure to watch the timer! After the chat ends, you can send one final note to the recruiter (a great space to send a thank you), rate them, and add some notes just for you and your records. You will also have the option to get back in line to chat with them again.
Need Help Registering? Looking for information about what this event will be like? Check out the links below:
More questions? Contact email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!