CCPA wants to share varied ways for you to develop and learn concrete professional skills over your four years at Haverford and during your summers.
Do you want to:
- Enhance your presentation skills?
- Learn how to use Excel pivot tables?
- Tell a compelling story using data for decision making?
- Do you want to learn to manage projects more efficiently?
- Do you want to improve your interviewing skills?
There are numerous opportunities of which to take advantage to learn and enhance skills of interest. Some ways will take place on campus, some opportunities can be done on your own during a school break. This is not an exhaustive list, but will provide ideas.
An online video library with thousands of courses, taught by recognized experts. Examples include:
- Building Professional Relationships
- Excel Essentials Training (Office 365)
- Excel: PivotTables in Depth
- Improve your Presentation Skills
- Meeting Facilitation
- Navigating Awkward Situations at Work
- Storytelling with Data
- Time Management Tips Weekly
- and many more
Expert-created content and resources. A sampling of the courses includes:
- Computer Programming
- Computer Animation
- Hour of Code
- Grad School Test Prep
CCPA and other College-sponsored trainings and workshops:
Numerous departments on campus periodically offer training and workshops. Examples from the past several years have included:
- Alumni Interview Coach Program (CCPA)
- Behavioral Interviewing (CCPA)
- Case Interview Workshops (CCPA)
- Crush Your Coding Interview Workshop (CCPA)
- Emerging Tech Workshops (HIP)
- Fellowships for Peace and Global Citizenship – Prep workshop and course in the fall (CPGC)
- Haverford Sites (IITS)
- How to Do Research Abroad (The Libraries)
- Impact Challenge (HIP)
- Innovation Incubator (HIP)
- Manage Your Data (The Libraries)
- Pitch your Project (CCPA)
- Presentations (OAR)
- Professionals Skills – Aesop Academy (CCPA and HIP)
- Project Management (The Libraries)
- Strategies for Skill-Development (OAR)
- TechPlay Series (IITS)
- TechStars Philly Startup Weekend (HIP)
- Time Management (OAR)
- Tri-Co Hackathon (HIP)
- Using Primary Resources (The Libraries)
- Wall Street Prep (CCPA)
- Zotero Citation Management (The Libraries)
Online resources paid for by CCPA: