Liberal Arts Career Conference 2019
Sunday, January 20, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This conference is an exciting opportunity for students to hear about the vast array of career possibilities available to liberal arts graduates, while also learning the skills necessary for a successful internship and job search, with interactions with Haverford alumni.
The day includes a keynote speaker, an alumni panel, and interactive workshops. Presented by the Center for Career and Professional Advising.
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT IN ADVANCE.
Register for this event in Handshake and complete the form to which you are redirected.
Registration deadline: December 9, 2018.
1:00 p.m. – Registration and Refreshments, Stokes Auditorium
1:30 p.m. – Welcome and Introduction
1:45 p.m. – Alumni Keynote Speaker
Ann Marie Baldonado ’94, NPR and WHYY Consultant
Formerly with The Opposition with Jordan Klepper, and Fresh Air with Terry Gross
2:30 p.m. – Special Topic Concurrent Sessions
· Option 1: Resumes, Cover Letters and LinkedIn
· Option 2: Translating your On-Campus Experiences to the Outside World
· Option 3: Building Your Network
3:15 p.m. – Break
3:30 p.m. – Lessons from Haverford: Liberal Arts in the Workplace
· Melissa Andrews ’09, Cities Major, Senior Planner, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
· Michael Froehlich ’97, Political Science Major, Managing Attorney, Community Legal Services
· Erik Muther ’94, Psychology Major, Vice President, Discern Health
· Petra Riviere ’96, History Major, Teacher, Bard High School Early College
· Jorge Soler ’03, Biology Major, Post-Doctoral Fellow, HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, Columbia University
4:30 p.m. – Closing Remarks