Welcome Mike, our new Career Counselor!

Welcome Mike, our new Career Counselor!

Meet Mike Hertel: Our newest Career Counselor here at the CCPA!

If you want to come in and talk to him, be sure to schedule an appointment at haverford.joinhandshake.com/

Education:

My undergraduate degree is a BA in History and in Government from the University of Notre Dame, while my graduate degree is a Master in Education Counseling and Development from Montana State University-Northern.

Favorite Books:

Into the Wild, Call of the Wild, A Walk in the Woods, The Life and times of the Thunderbolt Kid, Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters

Favorite TV Shows:

M*A*S*H, Notre Dame Football, Philadelphia Flyers Hockey, and NHL Rival Night on NBC

Favorite Movies:

The Sure Thing, Rain Man, Goodwill Hunting, Apoll0 13, The Imitation Game, Wind River

Fun Fact:

All four members of my family (me, my wife, two daughters) were born in completely different locations, representing two countries and three US states.

Role in CCPA:

I provide career counseling/advising to current students and alumni. This means I help them answer the “What should I do with my life?” question, demystify the job search/grad school application process, help them identify and pursue opportunities relevant to their interests, skills, and values, etc. Ultimately, I help students effectively connect their education to their career of choice.