How to Find an On-Campus Job!

How to Find an On-Campus Job!

1. The Office of Human Resources oversees the Student Employment Program (SEP).

The Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA) posts the on-campus jobs in on our Part Time Job Board on the CCPA website.

2. To view the available on-campus jobs, go to the Part Time Job Board.
Click on the “On Campus Jobs – Haverford” filter to view the jobs.

3. Each posting contains information about the position and the contact person.

4. Complete the Student Employment Application form, a fill-in PDF file.

  • Print out copies and save an electronic copy of your completed Application to use for each department to which you will apply.
  • It is your responsibility to contact and apply directly to the departments for which you are interested in working, using your completed application.
  • You should tell the departments of your interest and submit your application as directed.
  • Some departments may want to interview you, or some may hold an informational session.
  • Do not hesitate to ask what you need to do in order to be considered for the job.

5. During the first two weeks of the first semester, all campus employers give preference to student applicants who have a job as part of the College Grant Financial Aid Package.

For this reason it is particularly important and crucial for students who have a job as part of their college grant financial aid package to start the job search early and to apply for jobs during the first 2 weeks of the semester!

6. Apply for several jobs. This way if one of the positions is filled, you will still have other opportunities.

7. Realistically think about your time commitment to the job. How much time do you think you will be able to work and how many hours do you need to work (3 hours, 5 hours, 8 hours per week)?  If you are on financial aid, you received information from the Financial Aid Office about your work-study award.  If you need information about your package, please contact Michael Colahan in Financial Aid.

*Special Note for Visa Carrying International Students: You must first go to Denise Allison in International Student Services Office (ISSO) for all employment- related matters.

8. When you have obtained an on-campus job:

  • Your supervisor will sign your application for work and you will need to submit it to the Office of Human Resources, Student Employment Coordinator (SEC) located in Stokes Hall, Suite 222.
  • Bring the signed application along with your I-9 documentation to the Office of Human Resources, Student Employment Coordinator
  • The SEC will hire you in Workday, the College’s human resources and payroll system, and verify your I-9 documentation.
  • You will then be given instructions on how to log in to Workday and onboard.
  • Onboarding includes completing, your personal information, social security number, federal and local taxes and I-9 information.
  • Once you have completed this process and are officially hired in Workday – you will enter your hours worked in Workday. Your hiring supervisor will show you how to enter your hours so that you are paid accordingly.

9. If you encounter any problems with finding an on-campus job, please contact the Center for Career and Professional Advising (Stokes 300. ext. 1181). If you have a job as part of your college grant financial aid, apply during the first two weeks of the semester, and if you are having difficulty locating a position, please stop by to speak with one of us.

If you are having problems with getting set up on Workday after you are hired, please contact the Office of Human Resources (Stokes 222, ext. 1243).


1. Amy Feifer and Natasha Weisz
Stokes 300
Phone: Ext. 1181
Center for Career & Professional Advising
2. Michael Colahan
Campus Center, 2nd Floor
Phone: Ext. 1350
Financial Aid
3. Donna Hawkins
Stokes 222
Phone: Ext. 1241
Office of Human Resources