Campus Housing – The Residence Halls

Student housing is overwhelmingly coed, and residence halls offer a wide variety of housing options: apartments, suites, doubles, and singles. The majority of students live in singles, and students can choose from living arrangements that include suites (groupings of single rooms that share a common lounge), on-campus apartments with kitchens and private baths, and houses that were originally private dwellings.

The traditional style residence halls are: Barclay, Gummere, Kim, Leeds, Lloyd, the North Dorms (Comfort, Jones and Lunt), and Tritton. The houses are: 710 College Ave., Cadbury House, Ira de A. Reid, Drinker, La Casa Hispanica, and Yarnall. The Haverford College Apartments (HCA) is comprised of 21 garden-style buildings. Seventeen (17) of these buildings are used as student housing with four (4) of these designated for first-year housing.   There is a computer lab in the basement of HCA #30 and a small social space in the basement of HCA #19. All other basements at HCA are not designed to be used as social spaces.

The remaining four (4) buildings at HCA are used in a number of different ways. Our Graduate Assistants live in HCA 800 on the 2nd floor. This academic year Bryn Mawr College will be housing some students in HCA 800 and 808 while renovations are being done to one of their residence halls. Guest Housing coordinated by the Conferences Office, is located in HCA 804. The remaining apartments in HCA 808 and 812 are rented commercially.

Last modified: September 10, 2014