Room Condition Forms, Room Inspection, Inventory Reports, and Charges

The Room Condition Report form is online:

Facilities Management makes every effort to ensure that you will move into a room that is clean, in good working condition, and has the standard issued College furniture.   Sometimes, however, something is missed.  If you find any damages in your room or if something is missing or not working properly, we ask that you let us know of these pre-existing problems that need to be fixed by filling out Facilities Management’s Room Condition Report online form. All students moving into a new room should fill out and submit this online form within seven (7) days of moving in.

This Room Condition Report form, which you will get an electronic copy emailed to you for your records, is important for two reasons. First, it lets Facilities know what needs attention right now and second, it provides you the opportunity to log any existing issues with your space and is your proof of the condition of the room at the time of your moving in. Please take the time to inspect your room, suite bathroom, living room, hall living room and hallway. Itemize damages to the surfaces or contents of these areas on the form. If the Room Condition Report is not submitted, it will be assumed that all furniture was present and the room and furniture were in excellent condition at the time you moved in. It’s a long way off, but at the end of the year (or the semester, if you’re studying abroad or taking a leave) your room will be checked. Facilities will be looking to make sure that the room is in good condition and to make note of any damages that may have occurred above and beyond normal wear and tear. Students are held responsible for and billed for all damages or missing property in their rooms, common areas/rooms or apartment furniture. All furniture/furnishings issued to you by the College in your room when you arrive MUST be in your room when you depart.

Facilities Management inspects all dorm rooms and common areas at the end of the academic year or when a student moves out of his/her room during the year to assess damages and missing property.  Students are billed for damages and/or missing furniture based on the results of the inspection. Students are, also, held responsible for and billed for all damages or missing property in their common areas/rooms or apartment furniture. Charges are assessed to the individual or group of students who occupied the damaged room. If a friend or neighbor caused the damage, Facilities Management should be notified of the individual responsible and the appropriate person to be billed. All damages to common areas not allocated to a particular individual or group are apportioned among all members of the floor or wing of the residence hall. For Haverford College students, charges are added to their Incidental Account; for Bryn Mawr students, costs are charged to their Bryn Mawr accounts. Any student who feels they have been unfairly charged for damages may discuss concerns with the Director of Residential Life. Vandalism and/or defective furniture should be reported immediately upon discovery to Campus Safety to avoid the damages being levied against the student’s own account.

Common Charges

  • Cleaning (for excessively dirty areas)
    • Common Room $100.00 and up
    • Bedroom $50.00 and up
    • Entire Apartment $200.00 and up
  • Painting
    • Touch-up Spots $50.00 and up
    • Entire Room $175.00 and up
    • Entire Living Room $225.00 and up
  • Repair/Replace
    • Broken Window Panes $50.00 and up
    • Broken Furniture $50.00 and up
    • Carpet $150.00- $500.00+
  • Removal
    • Tape, Stickers, Wax, etc. $35.00 and up
    • Excess College Furniture $35.00 – $75.00
    • Excess or Untagged Student Items $35.00 and up
  • Finding, Relocating and Assembling
    • College Furniture $35.00 – $75.00

Office of the Dean of the College