Something broken? leaking? missing? squeaking? Having a problem in the dorms? Facilities Management Staff is here to help.
- Plumbing Problems
- Toilet not working properly
- Sinks or showers not draining
- No hot water
- Missing or broken furniture
- Missing or broken blinds/shades
- Carpet or rug woes
- Heating Issues
- Too hot or too cold
- Mice, Bugs, Ants or Other Issues
- Maintenance Issues
- Housekeeping/Cleaning Issues
- Vacuum Cleaner Issues
- Light bulbs
- Toilet paper
- Extra trash barrels or liners
- Washing Machines or Dryers
- Not working properly
- Won’t take coins
Contact Facilities Management. Work requests can be submitted three (3) ways.
- By Phone: Call 610-896-1096 during normal business hours.
Best used for emergency situations during the day.
- By Email: Send work requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Best used for routine requests.
- By Web: Visit new.webtma.com. Leave the Log In and Password fields blank and type “Haverford” in the Client field.
Best used for routine requests when a schedule date is requested.
When the Facilities Management Office is closed and you have a problem that needs immediate attention or if it is an emergency situation, call Campus Safety at 610-896-1111 or on an emergency phone, they are available 24/7.
Who to Contact Regarding…
- Key questions, problems or concerns? Contact Gail Turner at email@example.com or or Carol Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-896-1100 or go to the Facilities Management Office.
- Onecard issues? Trouble with your building access or charging food or laundry? Contact John Castrege, Campus Safety Office, at email@example.com or 610-896-1208.
- Smoke detector issues? Beeping or malfunctioning smoke detectors? Contact Campus Safety at 610-896-1111. They will send someone to change the battery.
- Telephone questions, problems or concerns? Contact Nancy Sunderland at firstname.lastname@example.org 610-896-1243
- Emergency – If there is an emergency contact Campus Safety 24/7 at 610-896-1111. They will contact the appropriate “on call” personnel.
If the problems persist please contact Office of Residential Life at 610-896-1298 or email@example.com. If the problems are confidential contact Smitty (Marianne Smith), Director of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting a Work Request in any form gives automatic permission for a Housekeeping or Maintenance Worker to enter the student’s room in order to perform the repair, whether or not they are present. Workers will not enter the residence halls prior to 10:00am and will leave a tag on the door when the work is completed to announce that they have responded to your request.