- Attend the annual Student Health Fair to learn about ways of promoting good health. Some of the topics include: stress prevention, exercise, insurance, and nutrition! 10/28, 11am-2pm
- Continue to be active in student organizations and clubs.
- Have you set created a list of goals and objectives for the semester? If not, do so! Do everything with a purpose. If you don’t know where to start, schedule a consultation with the OAR!
- Make an appointment for a weekend consultation with Brian Cuzzolina, an academic development specialist who has been helping students from Penn, Princeton, and Thomas Jefferson University with their academic and personal success. 10/11 & 10/18, 12-4pm
- Interested in applying for graduate school? Attend the Bound for Graduate and Professional School presentation by Donald Asher (a well-known authority in graduate school admissions!). 10/7, 7-8:30pm
- Feeling behind? Having trouble studying alone? Grab a friend and study at the Office of Academic Resources on during The Accountability Project (TAP) hours. Study together for three weekends and you’ll be eligible for raffle drawings (Chipotle gift cards!) at the end of the semester. If you need a study partner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! 10/19 & 10/26, 3-6pm
- Attend a writing workshop, led by the Fall 2014 Mellon Creative Residents, Niq Mhlongo and Chika Unigwe.
- Consider attending:
- Putting the Pieces Together: Antiquities from the Allen Collection, Opening Talk & Reception, 10/1, 4:30-6pm
- Concert Artist Series! Miranda Cuckson (violin), 10/5, 3-5pm
- Fall Plenary, 10/5 6pm-12am
- Dinner & screening of the first ever pidgin musical, Coz Ov Moni. The filmmakers will be holding a Q&A session after the screening! 10/7, 7-9:15pm
- Memory, Place, Desire: Contemporary Art of the Maghreb and Maghrebi Diaspora, Opening Talk & Reception, 10/24, 4:30-7:30pm
- The award-winning documentary screening of Sweet Dreams, presented by the Women’s Center. 10/30, 7-9:30pm
- Attend the Finding an Internship & Résumé Tips workshop to start preparing for summer internship applications! 10/3, 3-4pm
- University of Pennsylvania’s 2014 Policy & Government Career Fair, 10/7, 11am-3pm
- Attend the Sophomore Success Series: Making Career Connections workshop! 10/8, 7-8:30pm
- Attend the College Funded Summer Internship Fair to learn about opportunities for internships & research. 10/24, 11:30-1:30pm
- Take the Focus Career/Major Assessment to help narrow career/major interests!
- Continue attending Fords on Fridays, a series of alumni career chats held most Fridays at noon in the CCPA
- Review the Sophomore section of the Center for Career & Professional Advising [CCPA]’s Four Year Timeline
If Considering Study Abroad:
- Attend the Oxford, Cambridge, & London School of Economics Info Session. 10/2, 6:30-8pm.
- Remember the declaration of intent to study abroad must be submitted by October 5 for Spring semester!
- Drop by the annual Study Abroad Fair in Stokes! 10/25, 1-5pm