- How are your eating habits? Worried about your diet? Interested in nutrition? Get one on one counseling with a family food registered dietitian! 11/17 & 18, 9am-4pm
- For those of you looking for a “healthier” alternative to Netflix or Hulu: check out Lynda.com! It is filled with various tutorials and training videos! Learn how to take better pictures on your phones, how to manage your finances using Excel, or how to make better presentations. Use this resource to build up your skill set!
- Build relationships, have fun, and support causes through student organizations and clubs.
- We’re almost through the semester! If you’re starting to fall behind, wanting to discuss effective study strategies, thinking about graduate school, or finding someone to talk to – schedule a consultation with the OAR!
- Interested in business? Attend the Fords in Business Conference: The Road from Haverford to Business School. Register here! 11/1, 12-6pm
- Interested in the health professions? Attend the conversation series with Jodi, the health professions advisor!
- Are you planning to apply to law school? Talk to an admissions representative from Drexel University’s School of Law! 11/17, 11:30-1:30pm
- Feeling behind? Having trouble studying alone? Grab a friend and study at the Office of Academic Resources on during The Accountability Project (TAP) hours. Study together for three weekends and you’ll be eligible for raffle drawings (Chipotle gift cards!) at the end of the semester. If you need a study partner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Keep in mind: the deadline for receiving funding from CPGC is November 2!
- Attend the Students’ Council Meeting! 11/2, 5:30-6:30pm
- (Re)Act – Every Wednesday, the OMA holds discussions on issues such as race and socio-economic backgrounds. Let your voice be heard! Wednesdays, 7-8pm
- Attend the CPGC Info Session on Self-Designed Summer Internships! 11/6, 6-7pm
- Spend an evening with Laverne Cox! 11/7, 7:30-9pm
- Consider doing an informational interview with alumni, faculty, or staff who work in a field that might interest you!
- Have you been working on your résumé? Are you looking for a summer internship? Receive some helpful tips and learn about resources on campus! 11/13, 6:30-7:30pm
- Attend the Sophomore Success Series:
- Making Career Connections, 11/5, 7-8:30pm
- Sophomore Success Series and Fall Break Career Lab Dinner, 11/12, 6:30-8pm
- Interested in start-ups? Attend the Haverford Impact Investing Series! Learn about the interactions between the financial system and social innovation. 11/14, 12:30-3pm
If Considering Study Abroad:
- Do you want to study in the UK? Attend the Graduate Study in the UK Presentation! 11/4, 4:30-5:30pm
- Attend the International Opportunities Fair at the University of Pennsylvania! 11/7, 11am-3pm
- Required for those doing study abroad: Pre-Departure Orientation. 11/13, 7-8:30pm
- Questions about financial aid? Attend the Study Abroad Financial Aid Info Session, 11/18, 4-5pm
- Attend the Study Abroad Information Session, 11/19, 6:30-8pm
- Studying abroad is just one piece of the puzzle. How do you plan on using your study abroad experiences in finding future internships and jobs? Learn how to market your study abroad experience! 11/21, 12-2pm