James House Manifesto
- Art is a right for students.
- James House is open to all members of the Haverford community, at all hours of the day.
- James House is for everyone. Claim it. It is yours. Leave your mark.
- Respect the rights of others. There can be no art where there is ignorance.
- James House is always changing; it is inconstant. We cannot be inflexible.
- Art begets happiness. James House is available to make art. Within James House are finger paints, tempera paints, markers, sewing a machine, clay&wheels, lights&clips, paper&pens. James House is ever-expanding.
- James House is for students. It is not a part of any department. It is funded by Students’ Council. It is run by James House board. If you want to be involved, ask.
- Art should not be limited to James House. Bring art into the Haverford community. This is possible within the Honor
Code and without defacement. Make something and change something.
- James House is a space. James House is an idea. James House is an option.
- James House is not limited. It is a meeting space; it is a party space; it is an art space. Be aware of others; make people aware of when you will hold an event in the space.
- James House is not limiting. Do not feel condemned by the materials available. James
House is for writing. James House is for photography. James House is for stenciling.
- James House is for Haverford. James House is for curiosity. James House is yours.