1. Success at both east Florida sites- we added a new one and it was awesome!
2. The number of sites (4) and samples (29) hit in one productive day
3. The discussions and laughter in the car
4. Helen’s one-liners that I can’t remember but they were hilarious at the time
5. Return to Ole Maria’s Mexican Restaurant
6. Giant dead fish crawling with maggots (I know, only a bio major would be so psyched about a maggot-infested dead fish…)
7. The CRAZY thunderstorm that we had to drive through to get to our hotel- lightning was blinding and rain was falling so heavily, it was difficult to see the road ahead
8. Sample logging made easy by nature of there being four of us and an awesome spreadsheet that Pat has set up on the computer
9. Map-hunting for new sites around Gulfport and planning tomorrow’s quest
10. The opportunity for sleep at the end of this blog post.