Today is somewhat of a blur; waking up early and going to bed late, with lots of time in the sun in between.
So, to sum up the day, here are the top ten highlights, in no particular order:
1) Finding a GIANT oil scarping that Patrick scarped while lying under a rock on the jetty
2) Racking up samples at all three sites visited today
3) Packing the Pelican case and finding we had collected more than 80 eclectic samples
4) The ease with which we spotted tar balls today
5) The treasure trove of garbage that we found at Port Fouchon
6) Threat of a citation at our first sampling site of the day
7) Going swimming in very lukewarm Mississippi water
8) Seeing dolphins and lots of awesome sea birds
9) Woman in supermarket on Grand Isle who called everyone baby
10) Our walk along Bourbon Street in New Orleans and the events that transpired
These may seem cryptic, and will most likely remain that way. But hey, there’s gotta be some suspense to keep people reading about our trip!