Hello Fellow Fordians!

Hope your April Fools Day was as exciting as mine!

Special shout-out to the eligible bachelor, Gus Peter Helbock, who is turning the big 2-0 on Sunday!

Also another shout-out to the warriors that are still playing WaterTag… I was elegantly tagged yesterday, which is good because my paranoia and blood pressure have dropped. Anyways, according to the lovely and always accurate Weather.com, the weekend will be looking sunny and warm-ish (high 50s, low 60s)! Which is great since there are so many events going on this weekend!! Lehhhgooo!

GIF of the week:  “Strollin’ like you just don’t care” — which is how I feel about most things at this point

Thursday, April 3, 2014:

Red Cross Blood Drive

10:30am – 3:30pm, Founders Hall

** Are you into vampire-like activities and/or like helping people? Then go donate some of your blood! #vampirediaries #twilight #typeA #theydontletmedonate #bitter

Rufus Jones Etiquette Dinner (Sign up on Haverticket!)

7:00pm – 8:30pm, Sign up Online: go.haverford.edu/tickets/

** Learn how to be classy, yo. Cause you never know when you’re gonna be invite to wine and dine with the Duchess of Transylvania. #classy #forkorspork #bigorlittlespoonproblems #whichismywatercup

Stolen Dreams II: Film Screening and Discussion

7:00 – 8:30pm, Hilles 109

It’s like Orange is the New Black… but more inspirational… and stuff. #OITNB #prison #learn

Friday, April 4, 2014:

Sister Outsider: What Does it All Mean?

4:00pm – 5:00pm, WCC 313

** I’d just go for the snaps. #slampoetry #workshop #artsy #blackshirt

FAB BUS INTO PHILLY!

Buses leave from the Campus Center at 6:30pm and 8:30pm in Old City.

Buses return from Philly at 9:00pm and 10:30pm – Pick up is at the National Constitution Center.

www.facebook.com/events/1418334868419226/

**A free trip to Philly?! Count me in… especially cause some of the art galleries give out free food and drinks. #goforthefood #goeatnonDCfood #moreartsystuff

Spring Japanese Music Festival at HC: Tamagawa University Taiko Dance Group

7:00pm – 9:00pm, Marshall Auditorium

** I’ve been waiting for this since that one time I played that one game in that one arcade place. It’s gonna be A-ma-zing! GO.  #drums #fromjapan #i<3japan #wowserz

Haverford College Contra Dance

8:30pm – 11:00pm, Ryan Gym

** At first I thought that it had to do with R&B and breakdancing… but then I saw the posters of Gangadean and Pres. Weiss holding banjos… Sooo go watch Gangadean and Weiss breakdance to banjo music! #notreally #communitydancelessons #hoedown #yeeehaaa

FUCS PRESENTS: Helado Negro + Strange Relations

10:00pm – 12:00am, Lunt Basement

**Who doesn’t like FUCS. They are so indie and awesome, especially the talent that they bring. And that venue that they always use is always on point. #band #concert #parttyy

Saturday, April 5, 2014:

Chess Tournament

8:00am – 6:00pm, Founders Hall

**It’s more intense than parkour…or so I’ve heard. #madskillz #brainpower #8D

ALAS Presents: La Gala

7:00pm – 9:00pm, Founders Hall

**Catered hispanic food, good latin musica, fancy looking people… oolala i want some of that! #querico #formal #dresstoimpress #othercollegesaregcoming #theBRITISHarecoming

evalyn parry: Spin

7:30pm- 9:30pm, Marshall Auditorium

** if you like bicycles and carnivals go. Funfact: I didn’t know how to write bicycle ’till the 7th grade.  #QUEEN #iwantoridemybicycle

Card Games Night

8:00pm – 10:00pm, Nerd House

**It’s like that movie 21, but with Goldfish. Maybe they’ll have strip poker? FUN!  #goldfish #nerdhouse

ALAS Presents: La Fiesta

10:00pm – 2:00am, Founders Hall

**Wow there hasn’t been a founders party in a while… you know what that means, CHICKEN TENDERS! Oh boy chicken tenders + musica latina are two of my favorite things! #salsa #latinlove #respect #checkyoselfb4uwreckyoself

Sunday, April 5, 2014:

Borromeo String Quartet

3:00pm –  5:00pm, Marshall Auditorium 

** Be fancy and listen to some classical music. Great way to cure that headache you got from “dancing” at LA FIESTA. #classicalmusic #sleepytime #sophisticated

Enjoy the weekend!! 

P.S. I want Pinwheel Day. And I want it NOW!