So, it’s not your first year here, or maybe it is, and you know everything there is to know about applying for a Customs position, right? Wrong. The Customs Info Session is a great resource for new and past applicants! Here is a list of the top 5 reasons you should most definitely go to the Customs Info Session (7pm-9pm, 12/8, Stokes Auditorium)!
1. You love Customs. And honestly, who doesn’t have at least one fond memory of their Customs experience? Whether or not you went in the Duck Pond, were in your underwear when people barged into your room with pots, or you lost Dorm Olympics, Customs Week was a good time.
2. You don’t have a partner. Thinking about going at it alone? Wondering if its okay to apply alone, or still looking for the perfect partner? Go to the info session! Tons of people just like you may be going stag, and are still in search of the peanut butter that will complement their jelly. Maybe you will run into friends you didn’t even know were interested! Maybe you will meet a new friend!
3. You have never applied before. If you have never applied before, you should go to the info session- 100%. It will give you a really good idea of what to expect. You can see what the application looks like, what the committees are like, and what each position entails. Good, basic information!
4. You don’t know who the Co-Heads and committee members are. This is a good time to meet all the committees, get a feel for what they are looking for- their vibe. You may go into the session thinking you want to apply to be an HCO, and come out thinking CP is perfect for you. A lot of it depends on who you are, what the committee is looking for, and what position you would excel at. These things can all be unveiled at the info session!
5. You want to be selected. Though I can’t say attending the info session is a make or break situation, I can definitely say that it will help your chances of getting selected. The info session allows you to see who is on the committees and what they are expecting, what position you are best suited for, what the application looks like, and just get more face time with the people who will actually be selecting you. Showing interest is always a good thing (a tip I am constantly told, as a near graduate in search of a job!), and this definitely applies here. At the session, you can express your interest, ask questions, and get to know the people who will be evaluating your application. The more they know about you and who you are (and why you would be good at whatever positions you choose), the better chance you will have at being selected.
So, there you go. Listed are some, in my humble opinion, rock-solid reasons why you should attend the Customs Info Session.
BUT WAIT, THERE IS MORE. This year, there will be a mixer after the info session- the perfect opportunity for you to get to the committees, other applicants, etc. Even better!!!
GO! 7Pm-9PM, Stokes Auditorium, this Sunday- Dec. 8th!