Hello Fords!

In the next few weeks you will probably sense the excitement buzzing around a new event.

Introducing:  Haverford College Unity Day!

Unity Day will be an opportunity to join all of the affinity groups on campus in order to showcase the various cultural backgrounds that make up this campus.  The event will take place Saturday, November 23rd in Founders from 2 to 5 pm. 

I received statements from 2 of the 6 Unity Day Committee Members who have been diligently planning for over a month.

When asked to explain a bit more about the event, Student Council’s Officer of Multiculturalism Maria Bojorquez-Gomez stated that “This event is to unite the community over its differences in culture and it is also to promote the affinity groups on campus to the community. From 2-5pm, a bigger Tasty Bites will be taking place while the participating groups hold hands-on/interactive activities with the students coming in. There will also be performances (mostly, if not all) of dancing groups every 30min. Right now the planning process has been going great as we have 6 people in the Unity Day Committee”.

Cathy Quero corroborated Maria’s statement, adding “There will be food, interactive activities booths which will feature food, dancing, and discussions. We have invited performers and artists from all over, even UPenn. That night there will be a dance with music from all over the world. From hip-hop, to reggeton, to K-Pop, to Top-40, and more”.

I’m certain the Haverford community will be looking forward for this awesome chance to encounter such a variety of cultures.

Don’t miss it!

Unity in the Community Logo2

• image Note
  • hello Everyone, I'm an intern for the Student Activities Office! I'm an English major and Japanese minor. I was born and raised in New York and love turning my city into my playground. During my free time I like to hang out with my friends in the city. I often drag them to the local karaoke lounges in Koreatown. (because no matter what anybody says, butchering the latest pop songs in front of your family and friends is a liberating experience! :P) Other than singing I love dancing, fighting games, and meeting new people. So feel free to use me as a resource! Peace!

• 8 November 2013
  • Featured, The Latest
  • 0 comment