Hopefully you are enjoying a relaxing Fall Break somewhere!
If you’re a Sophomore, make sure you check out the “What Now?” Tab (and the rest) of the Sophomore Year Experience Blog, so you can be sure to keep up with all the exciting opportunities that come up for you each month!
***The Student Council Co-Vice Presidents sent out the applications for CP/AMA/PAF/HCO Committee (Co) Head(s) on October 11th, 2013. They are due back to the SC VP’s no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 23rd!
You may have missed this exciting appointments e-mail due to the inevitable shuffle and last minute craziness that happens during Mid-Terms and packing to catch a Fall Break flight…
Now that Fall Break is finally here, take a moment to search through your overflowing email inbox, and read through it if you are interested in getting involved in the Customs Program!
The responsibilities for Committee Head(s) of one of the components of the Customs Program includes:
- Soliciting for applications to build a team (of an additional 3-5 people) that will work together as the CP/AMA/PAF/HCO Committee for the rest of the year
- Updating or redesigning the application for their program (along with the rest of the committee members)
- As a team, evaluating applicants and choosing CP/AMA/PAF/HCOs for the Class of 2018!!!
- Creating and co-leading 5-8 Spring Training Sessions for the CP/AMA/PAF/HCOs
- Working with other (Co) Head(s) of the program committees to choose Customs Week Co-Heads for the Fall
- Running all aspects of CUSTOMS WEEK, along with the CW Co-Heads and the rest of the various committees!
It sounds like a lot of work (and it is!), but don’t worry – you also get to have some fun with it, like the Customs Folk who put together this Flash Mob: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBvUadnkiTw
Plus you’ll have lots of help form the various advisors for each component of the Customs Program! Michael Martinez, Dean for First-Year Students, works with the CP Committee. Steve Watter, Dean of Student Life, works with the HCO Committee. Theresa Tensuan, Dean of Multicultural Affairs, works with the AMA Committee. And last – but not least – I get to work with the PAF Committee!
If you want to apply to be on a committee (to be one of the folks who helps choose & train students, and who runs Customs Week itself), the Head(s) of each program will send out their own request for applications once they are appointed.
If you want to apply to be a PAF/CP/AMA/HCO/UCA look for informational e-mails after Thanksgiving Break, and Save The Date: Sunday, December 8th there will be an Info Session for all aspiring future Customs Folks in Stokes Auditorium!
Applications for Committee Head(s) are due on October 23rd at 11:59pm to the SC Vice-Presidents.
Please E-mail them to scvp@hc.
If you have questions about any of the specific programs, feel free to contact the current Co-Heads, or the advisors associated with each program component!
May the odds be ever in your favor!