Love the stir-fry station?  I know, who doesn’t.  Here is a way to make stir-fry-equivalent goodness without the wait, and at any meal you want (minus breakfast, but let’s not be weird)!

Screen shot 2013-10-07 at 1.22.47 PM

Step 1: Get a bowl.  This the most difficult step, but I believe in you.

Step 2: Grab your ingredients from the salad bar, and put that goodness into the bowl you worked so hard to get.  This is the really fun part- you can choose whatever ingredients you want. Chicken, veggies, whatever!  I usually do a combo of chicken, broccoli, onions, edamame, and mushrooms, but you do you.  Vegetarian?  Works great with tofu too!

Step 3: Get another bowl. You can do it.

Step 4: Get a plate.  This might seems a little dish-crazy, but trust me.

Step 5: Put some sauces and spices on your assortment of ingredients.  I usually use a combo of soy sauce/lemon and pepper/garlic/whatever suits my mood, but again, you do you.  Get some hot sauce in there if you can handle the heat (I can’t).

Step 6: Now this step takes some skill.  You have to mix the ingredients and sauces together.  This takes a set of skilled hands, so don’t worry if you make a mistake.  Maybe put on an apron if you are nervous.  Ok, so you need to put the second bowl on top of the first bowl, and shake.  Just shake it up and down.  Do it over the plate in case sauce spills out.  If you are feeling risky, flip it upside down and shake it more.  I would recommend this for getting your sauces/spices evenly distributed.

Step 7: Put this pre-masterpiece into the massive panini-style grill.  Leave it in there for 3-5 minutes depending on how crispy you want it to be.

Step 8: Enjoy! You are a DC chef!

• image Note
  • Leigh Kloss is currently a Junior at Haverford College. She is a Psychology major and Gender and Sexuality Studies and History of Art minor. When she is not working at the fabulous Student Activities Office, she enjoys rapping to Nicki Minaj, watching Mean Girls, and shopping at Trader Joe's.

• 11 October 2013
  • Featured, The Latest
  • , ,
  • 0 comment