IT’S HERE!  IT’S FINALLY HERE.  The one sporting event that gives football fans a reason to keep going!

SUPER BOWL XLVII (47) is here at last and on February 3rd Fords on campus and around the world will be watching to see which team comes out on top. Will it be the feisty Baltimore Ravens or the energetic San Francisco 49ers?

For this football fan, this year’s Super Bowl is shaping up to be the most exciting event to start off the year. And I’m gonna tell you why!

First of all, the teams playing this year have overcome some big players to get to where they are now. In the playoffs, the Ravens defeated both the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots (take THAT Tom Brady) in epic games that had fans sitting on the edges of their seats.

The 49ers on the other hand, seeded as #2 in the NFC, started off their playoffs with a bye.  But that doesn’t mean they just waltzed into the SuperBowl!  They defeat the Green Bay Packers in a heated match and then went on to face the Atlanta Falcons next.  Although the Falcons had a major lead in the first half of the game, the 49ers were able to pull of an astounding comeback and sealed their spot in the BIG game!

So whats gonna happen this game?  Will the Ravens continue to dethrone powerful seeded teams?  Or will the 49ers stand their ground?!

But the teams are only half the fun of the SuperBowl!  Lets talk about the Coaches!

This years games have been nicknamed the Harbaugh Bowl because for the first time in NFL history the head coaches of the opposing teams  are BROTHERS! (THE DRAMA!!!) On Sunday Baltimore’s John Harbaugh and San Francisco’s Jim Harbaugh will square off in an epic sibling rivalry.  Can’t wait to see how this goes down!!

But besides the epicness of football, the SuperBowl has a myriad of other reasons to tune in.

Apparently during the famous SuperBowl half time show Beyonce will be bringing Destiny’s Child back together!

Not only that, the SuperBowl Commercials are brand new and every year people judge the best, worst, funniest, and stupidest commercials.  Finally, commercials we can actually look forward to!

This year at Haverford, FAB is hosting a SuperBowl Party in the Coop, starting at 6:30!!!

So come on down for some free Wings and Drinks!!!

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTEDDDDDD!!!!!

Lets Go!!!!

• image Note
  • hello Everyone, I'm an intern for the Student Activities Office! I'm an English major and Japanese minor. I was born and raised in New York and love turning my city into my playground. During my free time I like to hang out with my friends in the city. I often drag them to the local karaoke lounges in Koreatown. (because no matter what anybody says, butchering the latest pop songs in front of your family and friends is a liberating experience! :P) Other than singing I love dancing, fighting games, and meeting new people. So feel free to use me as a resource! Peace!

• 30 January 2013
  • Featured, The Latest
  • 0 comment