Jay Gorchow '13, one of the co-hosts for the senior auction.

Steve Lazzaro ’13, who will be hosting this year’s senior auction with Jay Gorchow ’13

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. One week away. I’ve been salivating for weeks already just thinking about dinner. But there is still a week of classes left and I’m sure many of us Haverfordians are just slightly stressed about school work. My favorite way to cope with stress is to procrastinate (it is a good thing I don’t work for the Office of Academic Resources, otherwise I’d probably have been fired by now). Anyways, here some really great ways to procrastinate this weekend:

Thursday, November 15th

Tonight the Senior class is hosting the annual Senior Auction in Zubrow Commons. Hotest item on the list? Dean Watter’s dinner for four. I won it last year and I highly recommend it. Nothing like an appetizer of Shrimp Scampi, followed by a main course of steak and salad and a delicious berry crumble for dessert made by Steve’s wonderful wife Kate Heston. I’m not going to talk about the item’s I’m going for this year, because I don’t want your competition.

Friday, November 16th

Friday night is jam-packed with events. At 7:30 in Lunt Basement, Squad Share is holding Open Mic night. At 8pm, the Men’s Basketball team hosts Connecticut College at the Gardner integrated Athletic Center in their first home game of the season. FAB will be showing the Dark Knight Rises at both 8pm and 11pm in Sharpless Auditorium, while upstairs, in Zubrow Commons, The Humtones, Looney Tunes, and Oxford Blues will be performing together at 8:30pm. Across campus, at 8:30pm in the DC Sunken Lounge, the SWAG Multicultural Affinity Group, in conjunction with the rest of Haverford’s Affinity Groups will be holding a Cultural Catchphrase Diversity Game Night. Additionally The Throng will be performing at 10pm in the DC Black Box Theater. Capping the night off, there is a dance party in Lunt Basement, titled “Dirty.” I’m not really sure what that suggests, and I’ll let you use your imagination to figure that out…

Saturday, November 17th

FAB will once again be screening the Dark Knight Rises at 2pm and 8:30pm in Sharpless Auditorium. The Fall Student Dance Concert, organized by Chris Flores ’13, is scheduled for performances at 7pm on Saturday night and Sunday at 2pm. Sound Machine will host Kaster in Lunt Basement starting at 10pm.

Have a great weekend and remember, this time next week, you’ll probably be in a food coma from all of the turkey and pie.

• image Note
  • Jacob Lowy ’14 is a Political Science major at Haverford College. He is a co-president of the Haverford Students' Council, former captain and current member of the Haverford Men’s Ultimate Frisbee Team and also plays violin. Jacob works for the Haverford Student Activities Office. In his free time, Jacob enjoys running, reading historical fiction, playing FIFA and watching the NBA.

• 15 November 2012
  • Featured, The Latest
  • 0 comment