I have a confession.  I am a Lighted Fools groupie.  Not that it is a secret or anything.

I sit in the front row of their shows, beaming like it’s Taco Day at the DC.  I laugh the loudest in the audience.  If you don’t believe me, come to the show (September 30th and October 1st- be there!).  That person, in the front row, laughing loudly at every line, the person you want to slap duct tape onto?  Me.

I probably know the dates of their shows before half the members, and the dates are etched into my planner weeks in advance.  REMINDER: LIGHTED FOOLS.  GET EVERYONE TO GO.

I will tell anyone who will listen that I love the Lighted Fools.  I can readily recite lines on command, and I recognize every member, Bryn Mawr members included.  I once even approached a member in the bookstore last year, nearly screaming at her that she is the funniest person I have ever met.  If they had t-shirts I would buy seven, one for everyday of the week.  Maybe fourteen because I don’t do laundry every week.

All joking aside (I will leave that to the pros), I love the Lighted Fools.  They make my Fridays funny, and my Saturdays silly, and my weekends filled with wit.  So come out, Friday the 30th or Saturday the 1st, and have a laugh.  I will be there, muffling my cackling in the duct tape my friends finally remembered to bring with them.

• image Note
  • Leigh Kloss is currently a Junior at Haverford College. She is a Psychology major and Gender and Sexuality Studies and History of Art minor. When she is not working at the fabulous Student Activities Office, she enjoys rapping to Nicki Minaj, watching Mean Girls, and shopping at Trader Joe's.

• 22 September 2011
  • Featured, The Latest
  • 0 comment