Initiatives — Energy
Upgrades to Energy Management System
- Demand Management Program, Optimum start/stop program, ability to monitor 8,000 points at any time of day quickly.
- Participant in “Interruptible” electric supply program
- Participant in “Sell back” electric program
- Distributed compact florescent light bulbs to staff in May of 2009.
- College publications/newsletters offered online as an alternative to paper copies.
- Organic fertilizer: Part of Integrative Pest Management program (IPM).
- Waste oil heater located in mechanics garage.
- Bookstore supplies inexpensive reusable book bags. Also uses bio-degradable bags for purchases.
- Environmental magazines available to users of the “Coop” campus café and in fitness center.
- Trays in DC moved to a less convenient location encouraging students to waste less food.