Recycled Bike Highlights:
- Devereux’s bike program focuses on assisting developmentally disabled individuals in the acquisition of the skills needed to secure successful competitive employment in the community.
- These workshops give individuals the opportunity to learn marketable skills in a realistic work setting. Workers receive paychecks for the work they do, and learn how to budget and save the money they earn.
- We are inviting Devereux back to campus for a “bike sale.” Rehabbed bikes will be available for sale to faculty, staff and students.
- Bike prices will range between $40 and $100.
- “Pilot” sale will be March 30, 2011.
If this pilot is successful on March 30, it’s our goal to encourage incoming freshman to buy a recycled bike rather than bringing bikes from home.
This is truly a sustainable endeavor. Not only are we recycling something no longer wanted, but we are providing the means to teach disabled individuals a skill. We are also providing a service to incoming freshman.
Questions: Please contact Claudia Kent at email@example.com