Going green is pretty hot these days. Buzz words ranging from carbon footprint to recycling are floating around in everyday conversation. Pretty much everyone knows about recycling, but what is your carbon footprint?
Simply put, calculating your carbon footprint is figuring out how much you pollute your environment. There are many calculators on the web to help you do this, some are pretty simple, some very involved. Below are two links that will help you get started.
You, too, can go green!
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents.
- Bike to work.
- Turn water off when brushing your teeth.
- When available “Please use the revolving door”. Eight times as much air is lost when a door swings open as when it spins.
- Plug computers, cell phone chargers, home appliances etc. into power strips. Even when not turned on they use electricity.
- Plant a tree.
- The three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Buy local products.
- Faculty and Staff can get Founder’s Bell online. Contact Lucy Stewart to receive your copy digitally.