RSS

Roberts Lab Update

This entry was posted on Apr 06 2010 by Kyle McCloskey '11

Well, I’m coming to you live from the cubby hole that is Roberts Media Lab, waiting for a test sequence of the film to finish rendering. Special thanks to Vicky Funari for showing me a great way to add a nice blurred border to the footage and to Jeff White for installing the “Old Film” plugin I found online. Of course, because I’ve added so many filters to the film (to take the clean, well-defined HD video and turn it into old-looking footage), it now takes 50 minutes to completely render a 3 minute scene. Thankfully, James Joyce’s Ulysses is here to keep me company…

Whoo!!!

…as well as good ol’ Hulu.

But the footage that comes out of this long, long, LONG wait looks fantastic. Fritz Lang himself couldn’t spot the difference (probably).

Also, because I’ve now entered the time of shameless self-promotion, here’s the link to my recent interview for the Bi-Co News: www.biconews.com/?p=24293. For those who couldn’t find it, it was buried between the article about the Lacrosse team applying to live in Drinker House and the one about the Frisbee team’s tournament last Saturday. Go Donkeys!

Oh good! Now I only have to wait 30 minutes!

3 Responses to “Roberts Lab Update”

1. Kyle, this looks AWESOME!!! I am so excited for you and so PROUD that you are working on something so creative, and are showing so much initiative. :)

I can’t wait to see what’s next!! Keep me updated!

Amy Allen

2. I continue to monitor your blog site and VERY pleased in what I see. Wish I could be there for you prieview, but perhaps it will placed on line so one may view it later. You have wonderful potential…continue on.
    Sasa

3. I continue to monitor your blog site and am VERY pleased in what I see. Wish I could be there for your preview, but perhaps it will placed on line so one may view it later. You have wonderful potential…continue on.
    Sasha

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.