RSS

Done with filming!!!

This entry was posted on Mar 27 2010 by Kyle McCloskey '11

So, at 11:34p.m. on Thursday in Yarnall attic, principal photography for “The Music of Erich Zann” was completed. Sounds so official, doesn’t it? Now to finish editing, add the aging effects, finish writing the score, hang posters up, and, of course, cut my hair. Ain’t nothing to it but to do it, right?

I just want to take a moment (one of many, I’m sure) to thank everyone involved in this project. Even though we aren’t done, we reached a huge milestone yesterday and I couldn’t have made it here without the help of my amazing cast and crew. All of them really stepped up to the plate and help realize this project. I’ll never know how the seniors involved were able to work on this and simultaneously handle theses without ending up like The Student in the movie, but they did it; this would be nothing without their crucial contributions.

I’ve been watching the clips over and over again in the editing room (So many clips!) and I’m constantly impressed by the actor’s understandings and portrayals of their characters. All four of them have turned in some pretty spectacular performances with minimal help from little ol’ me. I get the feeling they knew what they were doing before I did.

Of course, Walker is still working on the score, but what I’ve heard has gone far beyond my expectations. I can’t wait to hear the completed product.

So yeah, basically, thank you to everyone involved with this project. We’ve still got a bit to go, but the end is in sight. And it looks fantastic.

I look forward to seeing all of you following this blog on April 17th at 8pm, when “The Music of Erich Zann” premieres in Stokes Auditorium! If you can’t make it, don’t worry, there will be an encore performance on April 18th, same Bat-time, same Bat-place!

2 Responses to “Done with filming!!!”

1. Bah-hum-bug…cannot attend the preview on April 17th…when will you post it on the H’ford ?site? Will it be possible to post it on the H’ford site? Excited for you and everyone!!

2. Bah-hum-bug…cannot attend the preview on April 17th…when will you post it on the H’ford site? Will it be possible to post it on the H’ford site? Excited for you and everyone!!

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.