Make a gift!
Haverford College Crew appreciates and welcomes all support. We draw our funding from three sources: Students’ Council, who pay for our Coaches salaries and entry fees, the crew fund, a small contribution from each rower used for incidentals, and gifts to the club, which allow us to make major purchases like ergs, oars and boats. Each year, Student’s Council covers our participation and coaching expenses, but we rely on fundraising efforts and gifts for our equipment needs.
A successful rowing program requires a lot of equipment; everything from boats, oars, and ergs to the tools, shoes, skegs, nuts and bolts to maintain them! Because we hold on to our boats and other equipment for as long as we can, they need good care, and good care requires the right tools and components.
Overview of the Major Costs of Rowing:
Set of 8 Oars – $2640
Erg (Rowing Machine) – $900
New 8+/4+ Racing Shell – $40000/$20000
Boat Trailer – $10000
(Sources: http://www.concept2.com/, http://www.vespoli.com/)
All donations of time, skill, or equipment are greatly appreciated, as each one will help Haverford Crew grown and develop as a thriving, fun and supportive program!
If you are interested in supporting us, here’s how you can help:
- Regatta Support Team – Help us out at our races by providing food, transportation, or other race day essentials.
- Donations- Haverford Crew is always in need of something, big or small.
How to donate:
- Visit (fords.haverford.edu/athleticteamtravel/index.aspx) and fill in the requested info
- For the “I would like my gift to support” section, mark Athletics
- Indicate that the gift is for Crew in the “Special Notes” section
If you have any questions, or would like to get involved please contact William Leeser (email@example.com)