© 2009 Alexa Kutler '11 IMG_5646

Old Biscuit Mill!

So I haven’t written in forever but I took some pictures today at Old Biscut Mill, which is this awesome market type place that is open every saturday. It is such a great place! You go there and there are tons and tons of samples plus all sorts of foods that you can buy. There are all sorts of foods there and all of it is very fresh and local or organic food. You basically just walk around this little area and eat non-stop. It’s wonderful :) . In addition to the food, there are also shops around the area and a designers market where certain stores can bring some of their clothes and sell them. It’s a really neat environment to check out. I took some pictures… (see gallery)

IMG_5662bw

Making Sushi

Other things that have been going on…(a brief summary)

1. Went to Camps Bay two weekends ago with some friends and saw an awesome sunset…Its so nice to be near beaches for once!

sunset

2. Our house got broken into two times in 10 days…It was really sad- I was very lucky because my room did not get broken into … Thankfully CIEE, the program I’m with has been incredibly helpful about everything… They’ve definitely made the process easier for everyone. We are getting new bars put on many of the windows so hopefully things will be better now.

Making the bars...

I have a lot more to write about but no time right now! I will write back soon…Enjoy the few pictures below!

2 Comments

1. lynnkutler
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 10:31 pm | #

Becky and I are grateful that you are sending us such beautiful photos and tales of your life in South Africa. We love and miss you <3

2. Mandie
    Posted September 7, 2009 at 8:52 am | #

I love the Old Biscuit Mill! I’m there every other Saturday it seems :) Sundowners on the beach at Camps Bay is one of my favorite things to do, so we will have to get on that when I get back into town! Your photography is stunning.