© 2009 Alexa Kutler '11 rain boots

The House Braai, A Wine Tasting and The Rain (Up to Aug. 7th)

I haven’t written in a little while because I wrote this entry and then it got messed up so I couldn’t edit it  until today! This entry refers to last weekend…

On Friday our house had a braai (a bbq) outside- It was a really good time! It takes a long time to cook the meat since we are doing it over these little coals and it’s pretty cold outside, but everyone in the house contributed a little bit and we got everything done before 9:30. It was a really fun time- each person from the house had some friends over from other houses so it ended up being a good mix of people. After the braai, my friend Susannah and I went to Cybar, which is a little posh bar 1 min. from my house, to say happy birthday to Ben, a boy who lives in my house who was turning 21. Following that, we went back home and then headed over to Cubana for a bit (another bar, but more of a loungie type place) with Hilary, my Sol-Mate and some of his friends. It was a good time but I was very tired by the end of the night!

Saturday was really nice because we went on a Wine tasting near Stellenbosch… The scenery was really gorgeous and I’m not sure if I did it justice with the pictures, but at least you can have a sense of what it looked like! (See Images in Gallery Below)

As for the Rain…

rain boots

We have been incredibly lucky with the weather here, as I said before- It has been amazing for almost the whole time we have been here (almost a month now) However, there have been 2 days with lots of rain. On one of these occasions a bought an umbrella from campus beacuse I thought it would help protect me from rain, however 5 minutes later i found myself walking around campus with a  ridiculously bent and distorted large rainbow umbrella. I looked like i was carrying some sort of walking stick with a rainbow tarp on it and pieces of metal sticking out- needless to say I got some weird looks. Plus, I was completely soaked- I laughed at myself though, it was a pretty funny situation…-next time someone tells me not to buy an umbrella b/c of the wind, I will listen!

2 Comments

1. REBECCA hines
    Posted August 10, 2009 at 9:40 pm | #

Beautiful pictures of your boots. Thank you for the Bday call and wonderful flower picture. Looking forward to My trip. Girson says the road to the cape of Good Hope is beautiful. He liked your pictures alot.

2. MaRK KUTLER
    Posted August 10, 2009 at 9:41 pm | #

THAT LAST POST WAS FROM ME NOT REBECCA OOPS